When it comes to selecting a roofing system, the asphalt shingles us certainly the best. It is affordable and reliable in addition to its style, different colours and textures. They are also easy to maintain. There are some types of asphalt shingles that are factory-designed to look like wood, slate, cedar or tile while offering more benefits than the original materials. Although it is not as durable as the metal and concrete shingle, it has way better style than they do. These shingles are also very easy to install and it doesn’t need much maintenance unless maybe you are visited by a strong storm.
Benefits of asphalt shingle
If you want to reroof your old house or just building a new one, then you might want to consider the asphalt shingle. There is not a single roofing material that can match the asphalt shingle in longevity, durability, style, affordability all at one. What I meant is, the others can be long lasting but is very expensive or has style but is not affordable. Let’s just say the asphalt is a great all round “great shingle”. Other reasons why this shingle is considered the best is that it is easy to afford and have low maintenance. This makes it a great choice of your new home. Let’s break it down, shall we?
- Cost: they are easy to mass produce, this makes it very easy to get at a cheap rate. You would think because it is mass produced it will easily wear and tear but I assure you, you will be surprised what the asphalt shingle can do for you in the long term.
- Installation: they say practice makes perfect. Because almost everybody uses asphalt shingle, the procedure and method of installation have been mastered by many contractors. This makes installation fast and easy.
- Easy fix: when the shingle gets destroyed by bad weather such as a thunderstorm, hailstone, tornado or even hurricane, the repair is fast and easy. Shingles to replace the broken or lost once is readily available for you in any hardware store. And since installation is easy, you can actually do it yourself.
- Style: the asphalt shingle is very stylish because it comes in different shapes, colour and texture. This makes the asphalt shingle very popular and suits any kind of home.
- Mass: there is another reason why the asphalt shingle is very popular and this is its weight durability ratio. The weight to durability ratio offered by this type of shingles is very high when you compare it to other types of roofing shingles. This also implies that you won’t need to carry out any form of restructuring when doing a replacement.
- Low maintenance: well apart for the normal maintenance routine like removing leaves and branches from the roof, there is no need to carry other bigger maintenance exercise on the asphalt roof. Even when little attention is paid to it, they can last for a very long time.