After a storm, the very first thing you should is to inspect your roof. A storm can cause big damage to your house. Although some of these damages cannot be seen at first, their consequences are still quite the same. So, regardless of the gravity of the damage, it is paramount to check for damage after a storm. In this post, we are going to talk about the different things unchecked storm damage can do to your home.
Here are seven reasons why we should fix storm damage immediately
- First of all, nothing looks less ridiculous than a roof missing a lot of shingles. It’s almost like you don’t know what you are doing. It will be a miracle for someone to take you seriously after seeing what your roof looks like. Secondly, missing shingles spells doom for the home during another rainfall. Seriously I wouldn’t even start to imagine that.
- Preventing leaks and holes is a task that should be taken seriously. When shingles can no longer keep water out, you are faced with a huge problem.
- Discoloration: when your shingle can no longer keep water out because it is missing or broken or slightly cracked, the water washes dirt from the roof to the walls of your home. This is quite annoying because this will leave dried up watermark on your wall.
- We all know the beauty of water and how important it is to the world but not on your attic or basement. Water build up during a storm or a period of excess rainfall is quite tormenting. This is the more reason why you should fix that roof immediately.
- Wet wood is the best friend to rot, algae, mould and fungi. This issue might compromise the integrity of your roof structure. It might cause the collapse of vital parts of the roof beside a rotten wood is unpleasant to look at.
- Your rain gutter system should be taken care of after a strong storm else the whole system might fail. Reinstallation for something that could be avoided is quite a bummer.
- Personal safety is very important as dangers can come in different forms. When your roof can no longer prevent water from coming in, a lot of things can go wrong. They might destroy an important file or appliances in the process. This will cost you a lot of money to rectify. In the end, instead of you to spend a little money calling an expert, you will end up using a lot of money repairing the roof and the damaged appliances. Mind you, not all problems can be fixed with money, especially if the water ruins a priceless photo of you holding your youth team trophy. Now that will be impossible to replace.
Instead of you to assume or wonder if the storm has caused any problem, it is better to call a professional to check for damages. You will feel very easy and secured that your home is safe from natural elements.